Tuesday, October 18, 2011

“…ensuring the protection of the Blue Ridge Parkway into the 21st century will take our collective energy working together for widespread public support and action…to preserve America’s favorite drive…” Superintendent of the Blue Ridge Parkway – Gary Everhardt, 1995

First of all, I encourage anyone reading this to go to this website and watch the video in the top right corner to see a beautiful video of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/

I was researching the Blue Ridge Parkway when I found a website created last year for the parkway's 75th Anniversary. A symposium was held in Roanoke, VA October 14th-16h, 2010. The website below has the powerpoints which were presented during the symposium. Finding this website was great for my research because I believe it will allow me to learn the history and future of the Blue Ridge Parkway from people who are from North Carolina and Virginia. I found the quote above in the first powerpoint, which lays the foundation for the construction of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Here is the website:
http://blueridgeparkway75.org/more-than-a-road/future-of-the-parkway

No comments:

Post a Comment